Saturday, January 30, 2010

I wound up receiving an unexpected, but important gift today.

This morning found me nursing a tiny hangover and craving a diner kind of breakfast.  Being ever cunning, I declared this weekend my birthday weekend, so I could have even more of an excuse to indulge in greasy hash browns, sugary ketchup, and 3 egg omelets, for instance.  My birthday is Monday, so it's not an entirely out of whack proposal.  Last night we went into the big city to see a fantastic jazz/funk band and thus, my "party" mode was primed.  We made the strong choice though and stuck with our well-being instead pecan waffles.  This being my birthday weekend and a Saturday, we decided not to do anything of great responsibility, but instead drive to the nearest mall so I could buy myself a moleskin weekly planner.  I wound up receiving an unexpected, but important gift today. 


The last moleskin planner in the store was 75% off and pink.  My man wound up getting it for me, plus three lined essay books in the same hot pink.  On the way to the mall my hangover dismay was growing and along with it my munchies for sugar, grease, and everything mildly-body-toxic.  I began getting whiny before we were even out of town.  I made several mentions of my desire for a custard filled doughnut.  I did so with an unfortunate proximity to my questioning my man if he would be up to the task of acting as my personal weight-loss trainer.  He has a soft spot for indulging my more girlish whims, like that of asking for sweets and candies.  He assured me I could get a doughnut, even though I had

No comments: